Terms & Conditions Popups Introduction
Enabling Terms & Conditions Popups
The Terms and Conditions plugin extension requires 2 set-up actions to work properly:
- plugin setup in the Popup Admin area (explained below), and
- use of a [terms_conditions] shortcode inside the popup editor that wraps the targeted content ( see companion article; 'Shortcode: [terms_conditions]' ).
Failure to apply the shortcode in the content editor will result in:
- fixed content that extends beyond the height of the popup container and does not display,
- no scrolling content within the popup container, and
- no 'I Agree' button appearing below the content scroll area.
Set up the Plugin Extension in the Popup Admin
To create a Terms & Conditions popup from the Admin, check the enable box from the Popup Editor:
Changes the visual style of the agree checkbox:
This is the text label for the agree checkbox.
Force Agreement To View Page
Checking this will cause the popup to open on page load and force acceptance before viewing the page is allowed.
Force User to Read Terms
Checking this will disable the agree checkbox until user has reached the end of the terms box.
Force to Read Notice
This is the text notice displayed if the user must read the terms.
Enter a plain English time before cookie expires.
This will prevent the popup from appearing on any page until the cookie expires.
This changes the key used when setting and checking cookies. Resetting this will cause all existing cookies to be invalid.