Before You Get Started
Note: With the launch of Popup Maker version 1.7, the design of the Popup Editor is changed. Please refer to 'Popup Editor Introduction [version 1.7]' for details.
Watch This Short Video
This short video highlights the process of creating and triggering a popup, and will give you exactly what you need to make it a nice, smooth experience!
We try to make Popup Maker as simple as possible, but sometimes it’s hard to make things as easy as 1-2-3. You’re going to hear these basic terms a lot, so we recommend you familiarize yourself with them.
- Popup Editor: Same thing as the WordPress Post Editor, or Page Editor, but, y’know, popups.
- Popup Theme Editor: The place where you can change how your popups look (Popup Maker > Themes).
- Conditions: When certain criteria are met, the popup will be loaded on the page. Once the popup is loaded, it is now available to be triggered.
- Triggers: The event that causes your popup to popup.
- Cookies: A thing that will prevent your popup from re-appearing under certain criteria.
- Extensions/Extend It: Popup Maker is better when you use our awesome extensions.
- CSS Selectors: A targeting mechanism for CSS, read more here.
- Shortcodes: These things used in WordPress, read about them here. Popup Maker has multiple shortcodes, too.