License Renewal Frequently Asked Questions
These are the common questions we get about Popup Maker license renewals.
- Is there an automatic license renewal? #
- What happens if a license is not renewed? #
- Do I need to download and reinstall anything if I renew my license? #
- Is there a discount for renewing a plugin license? #
- Are there lifetime licensing options? #
- Do I need to buy licenses for my development, testing, or staging sites? #
- How do I manually renew my license? #
- How will I know when the license subscription is renewed? #
- What if I don't want to automatically renew my license? #
- How do I cancel my subscription? #
Is there an automatic license renewal? #
Yes. There's an automatic annual (yearly) renewal. Licenses for our Popup Maker plans and single extensions are good for one year.
To avoid gaps in your service, we'll automatically renew licenses after 1 year. We'll try charging the credit card or PayPal account you used when you first bought your plan or extension. Make sure your payment methods are all up-to-date.
What happens if a license is not renewed? #
Here's what happens when you don't renew your license:
- You'll stop getting automatic security and plugin feature updates.
- You won't be able to download any of our premium plans and extensions.
- You can still get help desk support for our free version, but not for our premium products.
Do I need to download and reinstall anything if I renew my license? #
Nope. You don't need to download or reinstall anything. Popup Maker's built-in automatic update system will take care of all of that for you.
Will my extension work with an inactive or expired license? #
Yes, it sure will. You just won't get auto-updates, can't download new versions, and only get tech support for our free features.
Is there a discount for renewing a plugin license? #
No. There are no renewal discounts for licenses.
Are there lifetime licensing options? #
No. We don't offer lifetime license plans.
Do I need to buy licenses for my development, testing, or staging sites? #
Nope. Active licenses only count on live (production) sites. You only need to activate licenses on your live sites.
Local development, test, and staging sites (dev/test/stage) don't affect your license quota. Examples of sites that are not counted as active licenses are:
- Sites ending with extensions .dev, .local, .loc, and .test.
- Sites having a top-level domain of 127.0.0.1 or localhost.
Lastly, you can get updates for your Popup Maker extensions on local dev/test/stage sites and live sites. But only your live sites affect your license quota.
How do I manually renew my license? #
Check out our How Do I Renew an Existing License Key? guide to learn how to renew your license keys.
Will my license renew itself automatically? #
Yes! See our answer to Is there an automatic license renewal?
How will I know when the license subscription is renewed? #
What if I don't want to automatically renew my license? #
You can cancel your subscription before your 1-year license expires. When you cancel before your renewal date, your license won't auto-renew on the anniversary of your purchase.
How do I cancel my subscription? #
Here's how to cancel your subscription.
- Log into your Popup Maker account and click the Product Subscriptions tab.
- Click Cancel Renewal.
Once you cancel your renewal, your license will expire on the anniversary of your purchase date.
You can still get tech support and plugin updates until your license expires.