Enable and Use Popup Maker Debug Tools
How to Enable the Plugin Debug Tools
From the Plugin Admin Interface
From the WordPress admin, open the Popup Maker Settings submenu. Select the Misc (miscellaneous) option, and the Misc category. Check the box labeled Enable Debug Mode. By default, this plugin feature is turned 'off' (disabled).
This option provides plugin users with access to the plugin debug toolset. Enabling the feature from the plugin admin requires Admin level site access. The toolset remains active until it is turned off (checkbox set to 'unchecked').
Related article: Settings submenu // See Misc (miscellaneous) option, item 3.
From the Browser
?pum_debugto the end of the site URL. The debug tools remain active as long as the modified URL remains loaded in the browser.
How to Use the Plugin Debug Tools
This can be confirmed with the Popup Admin Toolbar (also known as the ‘debugger menu’) visible on the front of a website. The debug menu will not list a popup that is either unpublished or targeted not to appear on that page.
The tools can identify:
- active popups by their ID and slug name;
- the popup theme in use on each popup;
- the triggers selected for each popup;
- any custom CSS selectors added to the ‘Extra CSS Selector’ field in the Click Trigger Settings option box;
- whether a cookie was set and linked to any trigger added on the popup;
- all the remaining popup settings found in the Popup Settings box;