Time Delay / Auto Open Settings Cheat Sheet
Time Delay / Auto Open Settings #
The Time Delay / Auto Open trigger has only 2 settings:
- Delay: The time to wait before automatically opening a popup
- Cookie: Choose which cookies you want to prevent the repeat displaying of your popup
We'll guide you through the details of the Delay and Cookie settings in this cheat sheet.
After adding or editing a Time Delay / Auto Open trigger, you'll see the Time Delay Settings modal window. The General settings display by default.
In the screen capture above, we have the Delay set for 1000 milliseconds (1 second) and the Cookie Name set as pum-16.
The Delay is how long your popup will wait before appearing. The default delay time is 500ms or 0.5 seconds.
Note: 1,000ms equals 1 second, 1,500ms is the same as 1.5 seconds, 2,000ms is 2 seconds, and so on.
To choose your delay time, you have the following options:
- Drag the slider to the right or left to increase or decrease the number of milliseconds
- Enter the number of milliseconds into the input field
- Click the + or - button to increase or decrease the number of milliseconds
Cookie Name #
You'll need to already have a cookie set up for your Click Open trigger.
No worries if you don't have a cookie yet. Popup Maker conveniently lets you add a new cookie for your trigger right from the Cookie Name setting field.
Click the Cookie Name input field. Select an existing cookie or Add New Cookie if you don't have one yet.
Popup Maker will have a default cookie named
pum-nnn (where nnn is the popup's ID number) ready for you to use. Or, you can provide a custom name for any cookie you set up.
See our Cookies options guide to learn more about creating cookies for your popup trigger.