Attaching Your MailChimp Account and Service to the MailChimp Extension in WordPress
Get Your MailChimp API Key
To get your API Key:
- Open a new browser window or browser tab and navigate to MailChimp.
- Log into your MailChimp account.
- Click in the top right corner on your username and click Account as pictured below:
Once on the Account page, click Extras, then click API Keys as pictured below:
Once you are on the API Keys page, scroll down until you reach the Your API Keys Section as pictured below:
Creating an API Key
If you have not created API Keys before, then your table may be empty. Click the "Create A Key" button. Once the page loads, you will have a new entry in the table.
Enter Your API Key Into the Popup Maker Settings
- Copy all of the text in the API Key text box.
- Navigate to the Popup Maker > Settings > Extensions Tab in the WordPress Admin.
- Paste the copied API Key into the MailChimp API Key Field under the MailChimp Integration Settings Section.
- Optional: Check to make sure you key is valid by clicking the "Check" button, as pictured below:
Once you're done, make sure to save your settings by clicking the Save Button on the bottom left or top right of the page.