'Targeting' option settings
The ‘Targeting’ options tab allows plugin users to accept or change the conditions when a popup will display. Beginning with version 1.7, the former ’Conditions’ box is added into ‘Popup Settings’ as the 'Targeting' options tab.
How Targeting Conditions Work with Triggers
Targeting conditions prepare a popup to display by preloading them in the browser on page load (a process known as activation). A popup trigger checks the popup’s activation state. If the popup is present in the browser, the trigger proceeds to fire, and the popup displays.
User Options to Set Targeting Conditions
Each list item links to it's respective description below the horizontal line.
- Do nothing. Accept the plugin default settings.
- Target the popup to display based on content (Standard Targeting Conditions).
- Target the popup to display based on conditions other than content (Advanced Targeting Conditions).
- Target pages using WooCommerce conditions.
- Target pages using BuddyPress conditions.
Troubleshooting Tip for a Slow Site with Multiple Popups
To improve your web site's page load speed, set targeted conditions (options 2 - 5 below) to activate each popup. This will limit the pages on which a popup is preloaded.
If you need to activate 10 or more popup on a single page, we recommend the purchase and installation of our Remote Content plugin extension to Popup Maker. This will improve site page load speed, and management of your popups.
- product categories, or
- product tags.